Don’t wait until you’re in pain to see your Dr. Dzakovich. Most people make time to clean out the house, car, garage, or closets at least twice a year. Why not include your oral health on your “to do” list?
Schedule an Appointment Now!
Regular professional cleaning and examinations are essential to maintaining optimal oral health. These routine visits are your first line of defense against tooth decay, periodontal disease, oral cancers, and more. Early identification and treatment of any oral illness improves outcomes and allows for less-invasive treatment options. Don’t wait until it hurts!
Why Do We Avoid Going?
In a study done with the American Dental Association, The HDI Institute lists some of the main reasons we sometimes delay going to the dentist; cost, low perceived need, time, and anxiety are the most common causes. However, if we allow these concerns to interfere with oral care, we may allow more serious issues to develop.
When Should We See the Dentist?
The ADA or American Dental Society recommends maintaining twice yearly visits for cleaning and examinations. In addition, they advise making an appointment for any of the following concerns:
- Pain in your mouth, teeth, or face
- Injury to your mouth, teeth, or face
- Conditions that can affect oral health, such as diabetes
- Jaw pain or stiffness
- Bleeding, swelling, or redness in your gums
- Recent dental treatment, such as fillings, crowns, implants, or root canal
- Pain or difficulty eating or drinking
- Chronic dry mouth
- Smoking or tobacco use
- Sores in your mouth that are not healing
- You have questions or concerns about your oral health or hygiene
Our dental team is here to help you achieve and maintain your best oral health. To schedule your next appointment, please contact our Arlington Heights dental office.
John J. Dzakovich DDS of Arlington Heights
Phone: (847) 255-4889
1608 N Arlington Heights Rd.
Arlington Heights, IL 60004